Spring Leadership Conference
Hosted by: Student Involvement and Leadership Office
When: Saturday, February 9 2013, 9:30 AM to 3:00 PM
Location: Memorial Union
This February we encourage you to attend a conference that will leave you feeling inspired, empowered, prepared, reflective, and sparked to action. The UND Student Involvement and Leadership Office will be hosting a free leadership conference themed around, “What does it mean to be a leader?”
The conference will be on February 9th, 2013 and will be from 9:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. The conference will feature a keynote speaker and four separate program breakout sessions which will focus on five categories of leadership: organization leadership, personal leadership, professional leadership, community leadership, and global leadership. Presentations will be executed by members of the UND community. Everyone is welcome to come whether you are connected to a student organization or position of leadership or just want to enhance your own development.
You will need to register to attend. Click here to register: https://involvement.und.edu/form/start/17353
After attending the conference participants will be able to:
• identify ways to be a leader in different settings within and beyond UND.
• motivated to influence their peers to accomplish positive change.
• have an understanding of the broad realms of leadership.
• begin to self-identify personal leadership styles/characteristics.
• identify at least one action step they could do in the spring 2013 semester to positively impact the UND community through their leadership.
Are you interested in presenting a breakout session in one of the five category areas? Click here to submit a proposal: https://involvement.und.edu/form/start/16716 Proposals are due January 25th!